If you decide to have a budget vacation in the Maldives, then you should definitely go to Toddu Island. Here you can appreciate the “paradise” rest.
Why do tourists go to rest in the Maldives? Right to relax on beaches with perfectly white sand and relax in the very warm water of the Indian Ocean. That is why most tourists wonder about the beaches of Toddoo Island. Are they so good that the rest on the island is not overshadowed. Let’s figure it out.
How many beaches on the island
Until recently, there was only one tourist beach on the island – the so-called “bikini beach”. You must understand that the Maldives is a Muslim state and it is not customary here to show off all the beauties of your body. That is why there are separate beaches for tourists. Also, these beaches are as safe as possible and are constantly cleaned.
If you are staying at a hotel on the island of Toddoo called Relax Residence, then leaving its territory, this beach will be on your right side. If you walk straight along the streets of the island, passing by a football stadium (yes, yes, there is a real football stadium with spotlights), then along a winding path you will find yourself on this beach. His short summary would be:
- the bottom is rocky, so entering the water is somewhat unpleasant;
- there is no underwater relief. Either everything was trampled down or it was not there, since this beach is a small backwater from the land part of the island hidden under water;
- there is a swing in the water with a large inscription I love Thoddoo, which you can often see in tourists’ photos after traveling to this island;
- the beach is cleaned regularly, so there are no questions about sand and overall cleanliness;
- the trees have hammocks tied up, but there are very few of them.
This is the first beach you can visit on the island. But if you love just swimming and came to Todda to get acquainted with its underwater world, then you should go to the second tourist beach of the island. Leaving the doors of Relax Residence you need to go to the left. This path will go through the agricultural holdings of the local inhabitants of the island. Here is a small tour of the life of the local population. By the way, the exit to this beach is decorated very nicely – you go out to the coastline through a passage cut through the bushes. And also in front of the entrance you can find a unique tree, which was simply created for stunning photo shoots.
But after passing this path you will not get to the beach itself. You will exit to the fishing boat stop. And already going clockwise along the coast, you will quickly reach the beach itself. Among the advantages of this beach, it is worth noting:
- sandy bottom. You can just lie down in the water near the shore and relax;
- a large number of sun loungers and hammocks for tourists;
- the most diverse fauna of the house reef. If you do not want to spend money on excursions to manta rays or night fishing, then the living creatures and vegetation of the house reef will be enough for you for the entire duration of your stay on the island. Even on the house reef, you can spot sea turtles.
Two ideal beaches on the island are enough to enjoy a relaxing holiday in the Maldives. Come to Todda and taste all the flavor of this island.